Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Shabby Chic Desk Cup - Tutorial

Working in receiving for a craft store, I get a lot of shipments that include random fillers to weigh down the boxes. I happened across a few of these tubes that are similar to those used in bulk sticker rolls, and had to take them home :)


I glued a chipboard circle (that I traced and cut out) to one end of the tube with Glossy Accents, and when that dried I painted the entire thing with acrylic paint. Don't forget the inside :)




While the paint dried, I trimmed a piece of patterned paper to the size of the tube, and stamped a collage of Tim Holtz stamps (of course).


I adhered the paper to the tube with Mod Podge. I Mod Podged (is that a word???) the inside also, to protect the inside from whatever pens or tools I decide to keep in it :)



Once all that was dry, I used my Tim Holtz paper piercing tool to pierce a hole through the side. I put a large jump ring through the hole, and attached a piece of chain (Tim Holtz...againz). 



Using a few smaller jump rings, attach assorted findings to the chain :)



Don't forget to use your Glossy Accents to attach a few rhinestones!

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic idea...I am going to do this for sure!!! You are extremely talented!
    Great Days,
    Jasmine
    A {Little} Dab of Glue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Reading them is always the high light of my day!

~Courtney