Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Just Me

Hey there! This layout, Just Me, was so much fun to make! I'm applying to work for an amazing company/magazine, and this was part of the application process! Wish me luck :)


First, I paired a strip of My Mind's Eye Lost and Found paper with a larger piece of orange patterned paper from the My Mind's Eye Simply Delightful stack.

I really wanted to portray a LOT about myself in this layout, so I put a lot of thought into the design. There's the black and cream damask print, pretty ribbon with ruffles and pleats, and butterfly stamps to represent my feminine and girly side. I chose the bright orange accent color, wooden game piece, Grungeboard wings and the distressed stamping to represent my tomboy, distressed and bold personality.

Those Tim fans out there probably already noticed the stamped background. I used all of my favorite sayings stamps (mostly from Mr. Tim) to create a background. By stamping with Wild Honey Distress Ink on the orange paper, I was able to achieve a neat, and bold, watermark effect.

I think this layout really says a lot about me....Just Me.

3 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Reading them is always the high light of my day!

~Courtney