Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Hello - A Shabby Chic Card



I made this card today for a special person, and I LOVE how it turned out! I had extra product from the Margie Romney Creative Escape Necklace class kit, so I decided to incorporate some of it into the card. The chipboard letters were the perfect size for this card :)

The card base is 4.25"x5.5" and opens off center from the front. I used the new Prismatics line from Bazzill, and printed paper from the October Afternoon Fly a Kite line.

For the ruffle trim, I used Tim Holtz's Love Is stamp and Timber Brown Stazon Ink on white tissue paper and then adhered it to the bottom of the card a little at a time in order to create the ruffle.

After adding a few stamps here and there on the printed paper, Stickling a Tim Holtz Adage Ticket, and distressing a top note cut from Tim Holtz's Styled Labels Alterations Die...this card was D-O-N-E!

3 comments:

  1. This wonderful! Really like how you did the papers. Thanks for sharing.
    Jozie (smiletoday)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love the distressed edges on your projects! The opening in the middle is so fun too! Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Reading them is always the high light of my day!

~Courtney