Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

A Little Birdie Told Me So


I saw a video recently, by Jennifer McGuire, on embossing resist, and loved how she did it! I've done the technique before, but never with a silhouetted image. I super duper really really wish I could find the Hero Arts silhouette stamps here, but I haven't had much luck. I substituted Inkadinkado's Birds Galore stamp set. They were the closest stamps to a silhouette that I could find, and I was pretty well pleased with how they turned out!


I covered K&Company chipboard tags with dictionary paper using Mod Podge, and dried them well with my heat tool (my impatience kicking in again). I then embossed the stamps on the tags with clear embossing powder. Using Tim Holtz Distress Inks (mostly the new colors) and an ink blending tool, I covered the tags in deep rich colors. I then took a damp paper towel, and wiped the embossed areas clean of ink. Aren't they beautiful?!?!


I'd also like to make a note that I L-O-V-E the new way that I've been photographing my work lately. I think it looks so much cleaner, and is way easier to do, than the way I was doing it before :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I love how these came out. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you've inspired me to make some tags - which I did... last night. With what I had on hand and my first try I like my start... thus far.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Reading them is always the high light of my day!

~Courtney