Pages

Monday, December 28, 2009

Dust is nasty - Do you have protection?

After pulling my Cricut out for the very first time last night, I was shocked when waking up to it being covered in a think layer of dust already! So, I whipped out my sewing machine, jumped on my computer ready to print out the free dust cover pattern on Custom Crops, and then...it happened. Our printer wouldn't work. Out. Of. Ink. What was I to do? I mustered up the courage, and sketched out a rough pattern on paper, doing my best to replicate the orginal pattern. The actual sewing part went...semi-smoothly. Lets just say that I haven't actually finished a sewing project since making a pillow with my husband's little cousin last summer. I embellished the front, since it was a little plain, with a few Prima Flowers and a Pink Paisley brad from the Fetching Brads collection. I used my point-and-shoot to take the photos, so I apologize that the brad is washed out. It's a white corduroy brad that gives the flower a little extra texture.

It isn't perfect, but I'm sure that it'll protect my new toy from the perils in the air :)

2 comments:

  1. You did an awesome job!! Yay for keeping your new bug dust free!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks for the link..I've been searching for it since forever..
    Your cover came out fab..hope I can make one as great as yours..
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Reading them is always the high light of my day!

~Courtney