Pages

Monday, October 12, 2009

Mother Daughter Craft Night!!!

As mentioned in my previous post, my mom and I had a girls craft night on Saturday. We made some cool stuff and had a great time! I didn't take as many pictures as I wish I had, but I got enough :)




Mom started on her vacation album. She applied a clear 12x12 sheet that says Seaside to the cover. She's going to eventually replace the random wedding couple on the front with a photo of her and my step dad. Her first page says 'beach', and has cute little squares for photos that she cut out, distressed the edges and then inked them with Tim Holtz Distress ink. The bottom of the page really looks like sand! She used a piece of bazzil, crumpled it, then applied more distress ink over the wrinkles. She then applied cute little starfish stickers! Isn't it great?!?!
The second page that she started was for her photos from New Orleans. She cut out maroon and blue pieces of bazzil, rounded the corners, inked the edges with distress ink, and stamped a beautiful fleur d'lis with her new acrylic stamp set! I thought those were beautiful!

Great job mom! I really can't wait to do that again!




My main focus of the night was to make a welcome card for baby boy, L.J., born 14 weeks early on Friday to two wonderful new parents, and friends of mine. It took me a while to get started and develop an idea, but eventually, I came up with this idea! I used blue bazzill, and cut it to a 6x6 card. I stamped, and clear embossed, polka dots across the top. I stamped 'Welcome John' with the American Crafts Rue Stamp Set on white, shimmery, diamond patterned paper that I stole from some old wedding invitation supplies we had lying around. I also stamped, on the same paper, two giraffes from a collection that I can't seem to remember... After inking some edges and distressing some edges, I glued everything together (duh). Finally, I used two clear buttons from Autumn Leaves to make custom buttons to match the design in the corner of the card. I used diamond glaze glue to attack them to the paper, and cut them out after they dried. I used pop dots to adhere them to the card. Easy peasy :)

My final project of the night, as I nearly fell asleep at the table, was three Thanks for Coming tags to give to my Mary Kay Spa retreat guests the next day. I trimmed a piece of white orange peel bazzil to 2x4 pieces and distressed them with Worn Lipstick, Tattered Rose, and Black Soot. I stamped the letters with pink chalk ink from Color Box, and used my Big Bite to put a small eyelet in the top.


Looking forward to have another craft day with mom...maybe tomorrow???



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Reading them is always the high light of my day!

~Courtney